New Assessment Process
De Anza College is no longer using placement tests as the primary method of assessing students for their knowledge and understanding of certain subjects.
Thanks to changes in state law and a new policy at De Anza, the college will assess most students on the basis of their U.S. high school GPA and transcripts. In some cases, the college may look at other information, including test results, to help match students with the right courses to help them succeed.
Based on your assessment, we'll let you know which course sequence is best for you, in these subjects:
Here are the easy steps to complete the assessment process.
Check Your Placement
In many cases, we may already have your high school transcript on file. Log in to MyPortal and click the Student Registration tile, then look under "My Records" and click "View My Placement Results."
Complete Assessment Form – If Needed
If you don't see a placement in MyPortal, we may not have your high school transcript on file.
- To make sure we have this information, download the Student Assessment form, fill it out and return it to the Assessment Center in person (RSS Room 144) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please allow five business days for processing. You'll receive an email when your placement is available on MyPortal.
Take Tests – Only If Needed
- Some students will still need to take one or more placement tests. If this applies to you, you will see a notification when you check MyPortal.
- After you check your placement on MyPortal, you have the option of taking a placement test to see if you can qualify for a higher-level class.
- Learn more about testing on the Placement Tests and Test Results webpages.
Complete Orientation, Create an Ed Plan
Be sure to complete Orientation and create an Educational Plan, so you can qualify for priority enrollment. See a counselor if you have any questions about which Math, English or English as a Second Language classes are required for your educational goal.
Register for Class!
See the Steps to Register webpage for more information.