Welcome to Environmental Studies
Our mission is to provide students with knowledge of ecological, social and economic concepts; an awareness of their roles within a sustainable society; and a foundation in environmental stewardship.
Environmental studies and the environmental sciences integrate ecological, sustainable, ethical, socioeconomic and political principles, through formal and informal teaching methods.
Students in this department are training for exciting career opportunities in some of the fastest growing fields in the country. Participants range from entry-level students to already trained professionals. Highly qualified faculty and motivated students make this a rich learning environment.
- Nine general education courses in Environmental Studies (ES) and Environmental Science (ESCI).
- Transfer opportunities to colleges and universities that offer bachelor's degree programs in Environmental
Studies and Environmental Science, including:
- CSUs (San Jose State, San Francisco State, Sonoma State, CSU-East Bay and others)
- UCs (UC-Berkeley, UC-Davis, UC-Santa Cruz and others)
- Private schools (Santa Clara University, University of San Francisco and others)
- Associate Degrees and Certificates of Achievement in four majors:
Join us at the Kirsch Center to learn how we can forge an environmentally sustainable future for current and future generations!