Composition and Reading
Introduction to university level reading and writing, with an emphasis on analysis. Close examination of a variety of texts (personal, popular, literary, professional, academic) from culturally diverse traditions. Practice in common rhetorical strategies used in academic writing. Composition of clear, well-organized, and well-developed essays, with varying purposes and differing audiences, from personal to academic.
|25110||EWRT 1A||53||·T·R···||01:30 PM-03:45 PM||Anne Marie Waldsmith||SEM2|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2018-09-24 to 2018-12-14.
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in EWRT 1AH.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211); or equivalent placement (normally based on results of the English Placement Tests).