Elementary Japanese (Third Quarter)
Continuation of introduction to the Japanese language and culture with further development of materials presented in JAPN 1 and JAPN 2. Emphasis will be on acquisition of the third-quarter high beginner level of four language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) as well as sociocultural knowledge which plays an important role in communicating in the target language. Oral practice based on understanding of the language structure will be further emphasized. More kanji, Sino-Japanese characters will be introduced. Students are expected to integrate three writing systems in order to demonstrate authentic writing skills.
|33216||JAPN 3||61||·T·R···||06:30 PM-08:45 PM||Min-Jin Kuo||L28|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-01-07 to 2019-03-29.
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- JAPN 2 (equivalent to two years of high school Japanese) or equivalent.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.